Spec Question

So, is it pretty much a sure thing that no PCI graphic card will run KoTOR2? I bought it without noticing the PCX /AGP spec listed on the back (I suppose I simply assumed because I was able to run some of the more recent PC games and had run KoTOR on a lesser computer, it would run) . I installed the game, and can get through the opening video sequences, prior to getting the black screen so many of you are talking about.

Can I assume that the need for a PCX or AGP card is 100% accurate? I have a fairly decent PC, but lack a PCX and AGP port . Am I completely out of luck? Or would a high end PCI video card possibly do the trick? Just curious. I guess I need to begin saving pennies for an X-Box. Thanks so much.

You might well have a point.... but surely that would cut out a whole swathe of graphics cards?

it would not cut out a whole swathe, there are very few video cards that are able to run the game and that came in PCI versions

it isn't necessary to have an AGP or PCX card, it does not say that anywhere in the requirements, only that your video card meet the requirements by being one of the video cards listed on the bottom of the box

i think 'high-end PCI video card' is an oxymoron :huh:"

if your PCI video card doesn't cut it I would recommend a geforce3 PCI version, i wish you the best of luck finding one though...

don't get a geforce4 mx, which also came in PCI, i don't want to type up a whole explanation... just don't unless you have aboslutely no other options

You might well have a point.... but surely that would cut out a whole swathe of graphics cards?

it would not cut out a whole swathe, there are very few video cards that are able to run the game and that came in PCI versions

it isn't necessary to have an AGP or PCX card, it does not say that anywhere in the requirements, only that your video card meet the requirements by being one of the video cards listed on the bottom of the box

i think 'high-end PCI video card' is an oxymoron :p"

if your PCI video card doesn't cut it I would recommend a geforce3 PCI version, i wish you the best of luck finding one though...

don't get a geforce4 mx, which also came in PCI, i don't want to type up a whole explanation... just don't unless you have aboslutely no other options

It was only one GF4MX out of about 5 that was a PCI, the rest are AGP, and I know from experience that they're pretty good cards, considering they're about 2 years old.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.