Force Power Cost Adjustment Question

Currently I am playing through KOTOR 2 a second time as a light side Jedi, and I noticed that the bonus reduction in cost adjustments for my lightside force powers have reduced, and my universal powers have actually gained cost. On my darkside game, when I reached Dark mastery, my costs were cut in half for DS powers. Is my copy of the game going crazy? I suspect that it may have something to do with my prestige class, but it doesn't state that anywhere in the prestige descriptions. If it helps, I'm a level 16 Jedi Consular/ level 4 Weapon Master with Light Side Mastery. Thanks.

Currently I am playing through KOTOR 2 a second time as a light side Jedi, and I noticed that the bonus reduction in cost adjustments for my lightside force powers have reduced, and my universal powers have actually gained cost. On my darkside game, when I reached Dark mastery, my costs were cut in half for DS powers.  Is my copy of the game going crazy?  I suspect that it may have something to do with my prestige class, but it doesn't state that anywhere in the prestige descriptions. If it helps, I'm a level 16 Jedi Consular/ level 4 Weapon Master with Light Side Mastery. Thanks.

Let me make sure I understand this; you have full lightside alignment but your reductions have been reduced, meaning that lightside powers are costing you more force points? Or they're costing you less? It should be the latter. And your universal powers have gained cost.

IF both lightside and universal powers are costing more than it did in the previous game I would assume that it's a) a bug or b) because you've chosen to be a Weaponmaster this time and chose something else last time. Most likely option b. If they're just costing more than they did before you picked your prestige class in the same game then I'd assume it's because you switched from Consular to Weaponmaster. Waeponmasters, and Guardians, seem to spend more force points per power, it's this which makes the conceit of differing force affinity between classes work, i.e. masters and consulars have a higher affinity and so they use less force points per power, guardians and such have a lower affinity and so they use more force points per power.