The review written by a TeamXbox forum member

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=315204

KOTOR 2 Musings (Long!) by Floating Egg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished KOTOR 2 today. It took me 56 hours in total to beat it. I played as a Jedi Consular on hard difficulty and when the time came, I chose the Watchman class. I have some friends that beat the game in just under 30 hours. Based on our conversations, it's obvious to me that they didn't savor the game like I did.

I played through the original KOTOR several times, and each approach was distinct. If there's a KOTOR fanboy, I fit the bill. As a result, KOTOR 2 was a big deal for me, even when it was just in the planning stages.

Something you may find surprising is that I jumped for joy when I found out that Obsidian was using the same engine. Not only was I getting the game earlier than if they started from scratch, but I knew that more time would be spent on the most important elements of the game.

After completing the first KOTOR I jumped right into my second game. This time around, I'm so completely exhausted that I'm going to take a lengthy break from the Star Wars universe. KOTOR 2 really took a lot out of me, which is a testament to the amount of integrity that the Obsidian team has. They took this game seriously, which is all that I really hoped for.

In the end this game is all about what I take away from it, which is why I'm going to focus on the positives rather than the negatives. Before I continue, I'll address the main criticisms that I have about the game.

If there's anything that I