Linux Port

Should Developers Put Kotor2 On Linux?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Developers Put Kotor2 On Linux?

• Hell no
    • Maybe
    • Yes
    • Who cares
    • Screw Linux

• 2 weeks later...

Before anyone votes "NO" please note, that porting the game over to Linux would also help obsidian clean the code of the game and make it less bugy and faster. Just so ya know, that's the sideeffect of crossplatform development, everything has to be cool. That's why there is Linux version of DOOM 3 and UT2004, it helped keep the code good.

By the way, please do not consider the previous post an invintation to a flamewar. Personaly I'm sick of getting into these debates Linux vs. Windows vs. Macintosh vs. Walt Disney or whatever. While Linux certainly is a more advanced technology than MS Windows and it is better for some things the monolithic nature of Windows and the DirectX technology are good things as well.

I for one use both, I use Linux for work because it's more secure, reliable and user friendly (well... that's if you manage to get it working :lol:) and Windows for gaming because that's what Windows are best at.

If it's at all possible, I would welcome a Linux port of KOTOR, but I do not believe it is neccesary. I mean people who really depend on Linux and don't have a windows box around can still play it with Cedega (Which is a tool that enables you to run 95% of windows games on Linux with very little speed loss (about 10%)).

Conjecture: Please no flames :p