Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Exotic bugs Idea

Featured Replies

This probably won't happen, but I feel it would be really cool if there was a lab of some sorts that Ominent is bringing in other bugs from around the world/country to test and studying.

Assuming that Ominent is really into trying to study new kinds of bugs (and not caring about safety that much), it'd be cool to see an area with exotic bugs.

A couple that come to mind are red widows, bullet ants, and assassin bugs just to name a few.

(Mabye you could even let them escape like the OGGRs or infected bugs from the first game.)

Its not a horrible idea, but after digging into the insects of North America a little bit, Ive found out that we have some really amazing (and terrifying) bugs right here.

  • Author

It does really depend on what you want in the sequel, like the first game was mostly on showing how everyday bugs we find all the time can still be dangerous.

There are probably a lot of people who agree with you, But I think what I was going for was kind of like how Jurassic World compares to the original, "...but you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."

And by that I meant I was asking for an area that shows fear of the unknown in a different way than Into The Abyss. The unknown would be just how dangerous things can get. You would think you found the strongest enemy because you quickly lose to it, but then something new completely surpasses the former.

Idk im just like explaining my thinking..

  • 2 weeks later...

Some cool ideas here, and I'm actually pretty red widows and assassin bugs live in North America, so it wouldn't be to out of place for them to be in the game

  • Author

True, but there are some bug options outside we would be missing out on. Like I've seen some people ask for the Goliath birdeater which is native to South America. (Also, I think the game takes place near California [West USA] and red widows are all the way in florida.)

I think my thought process is "if grounded 1 already stayed with just USA native bugs, why repeat it if there are some new and creative bugs around the world you would miss out on otherwise?"

Wait red widows are in Florida? I'd better lock my doors.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.