September 17Sep 17 This time, it's The Shadow Under Neketaka quest. Do a Google search and you will see that other players, too, have said it's very difficult. So it's not just me.I'm talking about the fight of the first encounter, in which there are like 14 enemies (with reinforcements) and three of them are 3-red-skulls.Letting five level-11 characters handle those 14 enemies at a time is clearly a failed quest design.Also, this quest shows no skull (for my level 11 party) in the Journal, and that's severely misleading.Fix it. And stop misleading players.We play this game for enjoyment, not for these kind of sufferings. Edited September 18Sep 18 by IanTheWizard
September 22Sep 22 First, I agree the level indicator is often a mess.potd is the difficulty where you should know exactly what you should and shouldn't do at which point, and at least metagame/power-game to some degree.To be fair, deadfire doesn't railroad you past the starting island, you can and should know what quests are peaceful or easier and do them first to get stronger. I don't think I ever did this quest at level 11, so I can't really tell if your party is unoptimized or the quest is hard and misleading. But either way there is room for improvement. At least the game doesn't force you to have a party that has every type of buff or you can't hit anything and die in 2 seconds... I'm not saying you need to "git gud", just change the mindset and you'll find deadfire is one of the easier CRPG(on their own hardest difficulty) really.
Create an account or sign in to comment