Recent Update (10/07/24) Erased all my my player character items and his model became invisible until I equipped something else.

futurepast

Question

What the title said. All my unique items dissappeared and the character appears as naked when I open the inventory screen, otherwise the character appears invisible until I equipped something else. This is a 3rd act playthrough, almost 100 hours of gameplay. If there's a fix it would be greatly appreciated. 

image.thumb.jpeg.751f2f7a46b9cca02951483512a4e4f1.jpeg

6 answers to this question

Hi @futurepast, I'm very sorry your character is in this state.

We haven't seen this issue internally, so any information you can provide along with a save game exhibiting the issue would go a long way.

Would you mind uploading your save file either here or send a copy to us through https://support.obsidian.net/#contact

From the info provided, it sounds like your items may still be a part of your save and on your character, but are not being loaded in correctly or are missing on disk. While we await your save to investigate further, you might try repairing your local installation to reconcile any potential missing/corrupt files in your install directory.

You may also try using the command 'iRoll20s' in the console and manually adding one of the items you know to be missing. If the item doesn't appear and the command was typed correctly, then it would support that you are missing files on your local installation. If the item does add correctly, then as a workaround you might wish to use that route to replace some of the missing items while we investigate further on our end.

Edit*  - Also, which DLC do you have purchased/installed (Including the free Deadfire DLC pack)?

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem after today's patch, equiped items on main character gone and main character invisible. Curiously the items still confer some of their benefits, just the item name is replaced with my char name + word ''attack'' in ''active effects'' list. And they are now listed as buffs next to character portrait.

Investigating this internally, it appears to be the same issue as the DLC issue in the patch notes. You most likely don't have the free Deadfire DLC pack installed, but from the last build (which incidentally included files from that DLC) you likely acquired and were using items from that DLC.

You should be able to download the Deadfire DLC pack for free and load your save correctly.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

• Like 1

First of all thank you so much for the timely answer!  As you know playing these games is a big time investment that one has to plan for as time becomes more precious. This is all to say that your solution worked! It was the Deadfire pack DLC, as soon as I installed it my character went back to normal. 

Thanks again, for real. 

16 hours ago, NCarver said:

Investigating this internally, it appears to be the same issue as the DLC issue in the patch notes. You most likely don't have the free Deadfire DLC pack installed, but from the last build (which incidentally included files from that DLC) you likely acquired and were using items from that DLC.

You should be able to download the Deadfire DLC pack for free and load your save correctly.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

I also have the same problem. I purchased the base version in Steam, but then started to play with all DLC through the Steam family account. And now not only several items dissapeared, but I can not continue playing cause of visual bugs and glitching items in inventory (can't equip anything and equipped items double every time you click on them). Repairing and reinstalling didn't help.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 224210.png

@King_Kotan - I'm sorry for this issue. Can you please confirm that you have the Free Deadfire DLC pack installed on Steam? - It is not automatically included on any of the different tiers or editions of the game (e.g. Definitive Edition or White March 1/2), but can be installed for free from the DLC store page on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/734070/Pillars_of_Eternity__Deadfire_Pack/?curator_clanid=7038991

This DLC may have been part of your save game from the patch in June and installing it may resolve your issue.