The games doesn't see gamecomplete.savegame

fraglesos

Question

Hello.

I just finished POE1 a second time intending to import my save to the POE2. When I try to load my save in the game while talking to Pallid Knight the window says "No save files found". However, I do have a gamecomplete.savegame file stored in a C:\Users\*UserName*\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity directory. I tried to seek a manual way to import a file to no avail. I also tried to copy my gamecomplete.savegame into C:\Users\*UserName*\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II but it did not work. I checked the information on your support page https://support.obsidian.net/article/19-how-do-i-import-my-pillars-of-eternity-save. Since it didn't provide any solution I tried to use the Contact Us button but it just redirected me to the same web page, which is surely convenient for the support team but does not help to resolve the issue for the user. In summary:

- Despite having a gamecomplete.savegame file in the correct directory I can't import my game state from POE1 to POE2

- I wasn't able to find a solution to my problem on the web

- I wasn't able to contact support

so my only hope is to write here to get a solution. Please, do you know what do I need to do in order to import my save from POE1 to POE2? I wish I was able to attach my save for reference but the limit on size of the file is 507 kB while myfile is over 8 MB.

Kind regards

Emil

3 answers to this question

Hello all!

I just made an account to bump this up: I am having this problem too. Had the Pillars series in my account for a few years, but only recently started playing this through last month to prep for Avowed.

From what I had searched up, it looks like the latest version of PoE1 is causing issues importing saves... I started my playthrough I would like to import on the latest patch, and so I cannot import anything into Deadfire.

I don't want to play through the entirety of PoE1 again on a legacy patch just to import a savefile, so I wanted to reach out and ask if there is any other solution to the problem. I don't want to play the game unless I am able to make sure all of my different choices were taken into account.

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/1d9wlil/cannot_import_save_from_poe1_to_poe2/

Obsidian have said they are aware of the issue and plan to address it in a future patch.

Till then a workaround can be found in this thread by xSki

Edited by Kvellen