Crossplay Friend Not in Friends List :(

Since I heard the 1.4 update was coming out on ps4, I was really exited to play with my girlfriend who only is on ps4. I am on steam on PC. However, now that it's out we haven't been able to because she doesn't show up on my friends list inside of Grounded. I have her added on xbox, I have linked my xbox to my steam, and she has turned on crossplay. All my other xbox friends show up in the list except for her. Is this part of the connectivity issues from the recent update? I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or it is because of the bug. If anyone knows a potential fix to this issue that would be great, thanks.

Hey EnDespair!

I'm sorry that you and your girlfriend haven't been able to connect to play Grounded. Our team is currently investigating this issue where players aren't seeing each other in the lobby. I recommend starting the game and inviting her to join once it's started as other players have said it is a good workaround. 

If that doesn't work, please feel free to submit a support ticket, and we'll investigate it. 

Obsidian Support

Thanks, and hopefully that will resolve the issue for now!

On 4/19/2024 at 3:13 PM, cstanick said:

Hey EnDespair!

I'm sorry that you and your girlfriend haven't been able to connect to play Grounded. Our team is currently investigating this issue where players aren't seeing each other in the lobby. I recommend starting the game and inviting her to join once it's started as other players have said it is a good workaround. 

If that doesn't work, please feel free to submit a support ticket, and we'll investigate it. 

Obsidian Support

Thanks, and hopefully that will resolve the issue for now!

Update:

The issue appears to be fixed now. She showed up in my friends list, so we were able to play :) I'm guessing it has to do with a hotfix or something you guys put out. Thanks for fixing it and responding to my post

Same here my friend plays on the PS5 and im on PC thru Steam he made a xbox account and we both friended each other I linked the xbox account to my steam he turned on cross-platform. He said he sees my name and add med me but I don’t see it, I can’t join his world.

Its possible that if I could make a world without a password maybe he could join to my world but he has another friend without a xbox so idk