Mirror Image (and other things) changes my graphic settings every time?

I'm playing on a rather weak laptop, so don't want to turn on every graphic setting for a higher framerate. But I found that each time I cast Mirror Image, several setting like Lights will be turned on. Lights is the most obvious visually, there are probably other stuff got messed. The options in the menu are unchanged, just the actual effects are turned on.

Edit: I realized that this is far more common than I expected. Even switching weapon sets to wielding a torch can turn the Lights on. That's really annoying.

This is how it should look like when Lights is properly turned off:all-off.jpg.bf7113f8c0ff138ccbd4674c6d1e268d.jpg

the 3 light sources don't cast shadows or illuminate the surroundings.

This is how it should look like when Lights is turned on:

all-on.jpg.ee665031fb5836bb030fa6f868c1e43d.jpg

When I turn off the setting and then switch - switch back to a torch, it becomes this: the torch on my hand is ignoring the setting.torch-on.jpg.8fe929662c7647dbae9c37cc51a6bbe7.jpg

If I turn off the option again and re-enter the area, the firepit ignores the setting:

re-enter.jpg.0864783d4cd78751637515f9e68839ad.jpg

Edited by yorname

• yorname changed the title to Mirror Image (and other things) changes my graphic settings every time?