A New Chapter in the Missing Cipher Particle Effect/VFX Bug

image.png

So this is **super** weird to me.

We're all aware of how after a scene transition. weapon set change, or save load how the Cipher's unique particle effect would disappear from the game forever excepting for that around their head?

It suddenly just came back after I equipped "The White Spire". Kind of.

See on the White Spire it loaded it as it does in previous patches and the beginning of the game.

But What you see above is what happens when I switch to a Poleaxe mid-combat.  Where the particle effect is not on the blade, but several yards away making a swish on the screen in time with the movement of the weapon.

On a Greatsword it's like a purple will'o'wisp floating off in the distance.

Next combat the particle effect is on the Axe-blade of the Poleaxe as you might expect it should be,

And the thing is I have no idea **why** the missing particle effect/vfx has decided to come back. I LOVE that it has, but I have no idea why it has nor how long it will stick around before bugging out of existence again.

Is it because I hit level 6? Is it the quality of the weapon being used that brought it back?

This is super super confusing to me.

12 minutes ago, wlmorne said:

image.png

So this is **super** weird to me.

We're all aware of how after a scene transition. weapon set change, or save load how the Cipher's unique particle effect would disappear from the game forever excepting for that around their head?

It suddenly just came back after I equipped "The White Spire". Kind of.

See on the White Spire it loaded it as it does in previous patches and the beginning of the game.

But What you see above is what happens when I switch to a Poleaxe mid-combat.  Where the particle effect is not on the blade, but several yards away making a swish on the screen in time with the movement of the weapon.

On a Greatsword it's like a purple will'o'wisp floating off in the distance.

Next combat the particle effect is on the Axe-blade of the Poleaxe as you might expect it should be,

And the thing is I have no idea **why** the missing particle effect/vfx has decided to come back. I LOVE that it has, but I have no idea why it has nor how long it will stick around before bugging out of existence again.

Is it because I hit level 6? Is it the quality of the weapon being used that brought it back?

This is super super confusing to me.

Edit: After entering a tomb and transitioning back into Heritage Hill the particle effect has gone missing once again.

Tis a greatly annoying one.

You'd think that someone would have eventually modded it back in, but apparently either no one has bothered, or the modders themselves can't figure out why this happens.

• Like 1