Game immediately crashing in multiplayer, but not single player.

Jeez. Looks like I need to post a tech support issue about the forum itself at this rate? Well, hopefully not having any line changes then works... Computer is i5-12400f & GTX 1080-based. Playing single player works. Hosting or joining multiplayer crashes the game either in character selection, loading screen or a few seconds into the game. On my older computer (i5-4690k & GTX 970) multiplayer does work normally but performance even on the low quality preset isn't great, so obviously I'd rather play on the primary computer. All drivers are up to date, tried verifying game files and so forth for all such generic troubleshooting steps, but no luck. Anyone managed to fix a similar issue?

Hey Teppo

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this issue during your time with Grounded. I understand how frustrating it can be when games aren't working properly. If you haven't already, I recommend submitting a support request, so we can investigate this issue. 

Obsidian Support

Please include the following information: 

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

I'll be sure to bring up the posting issue with our web dev team. 

Thanks

Same issue for me. Here are my details:

Description: Hosting or joining multiplayer crashes within 3 minutes or instantly. When hosting, either crashes immediately, or very close to suitcase opening scene. When joining multiplayer, crashes within 3-5 minutes. Always crashes direct to desktop with no error codes. Single player runs perfectly with zero issues.

Platform: Steam (with Xbox app linked).

Operating system well above requirements: Windows 11 Pro 64bit | Intel i9-12900 12th gen | Nvidia RTX 3080

Solutions tried and failed: Forcing DirectX11 through launch options, Running game in windows 8 compatibility, Multiple installs and reinstalls of game and xbox apps, all drivers up to date. 

Frustrated and hoping for a solution. Thank you.