Copy a Survival World to Change to Creative?

Crazy question for the community here:

I have built a treehouse up on the outside of the oak tree.  I have a very, very tall elevator that gets me up there on one side (it was originally a very tall zip line platform that I've now converted into a full-blown base.)  I want to build another elevator on the back side of it, which is proving to be VERY difficult to do.  That's mostly because I'm trying to build from the top down in order to make sure everything lines up correctly.

So here's my question:  Is it possible to make a copy of this save file and change that copy to creative so I can experiment and plot things out before going back to the original save (in survival) to try and build it for real?

• 4 weeks later...

There is a solution but its not ideal....

1) Make a SHARED copy of your main world (NOTE: Youre only allowed THREE shared worlds)
2) Then DELETE the shared world (NOT YOUR MAIN WORLD - BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!)
3) By deleting the shared world, it makes a COPY first which is thus a REPLICA of your main....

You are then free to modify this replica by changing its game options, without messing up the survival nature of your main. Its not an elegant solution but works for me 🙂 

EDIT: I strongly recommend renaming your worlds so e.g. my main world is called "Woah Master copy" - and my creative copy testing world is called simply "Tester" lol. This avoids the horrible situation of you deleting the wrong world. 🙂

Edited by dazza61