Pets are usless

The fact that they die makes them Useless. Not even a remote cause to use one because its going to die, what's the point. extra pack space? nope!! he is going to die, there for useless. You know what would be a better idea, He doesn't die and when you die he takes the crap you stowed on him back back to where ever his house is. other wise its a tedious, Hung up on every fricking thing, waste of time. Why even add pets if they are just going to die as soon as you get attacked, there is no way to manage them or heal them in a fight and they just get killed. Why not just make them explode as soon as you have stowed enough stuff on them to make it matter. I feel like i just wasted 4 hours of my time. and I don't ever want to use another one again Because he died with all of my crap on him and now I cant carry it.

No seriously this is like a smack in the face, my experience with the pets has left me with a pit in my stomach. God i don't even want to have any thing to do with them. I get to feel bad about neglecting them, and if I want to use their benefits its a death warrant. God This is a TERRIBLE idea. I'm just going to kill my pets and let them stay that way.

So I decided to get a pet a few days back and thought the Gnat would be best since it flys and increases your glide speed. I had a similar issue that as soon as I got it from the wetlands the mosquito just killed it but what I have found from watching some YouTubers is that if you get a pet Weevil or Aphid, maybe even the Gnat you can trap it in your base by luring it in with food and then building around it.

This little hack allows you to essentially transfer items to your pet, drop the items from your pet and they will be in your base for you to pick up when you go back. I believe they also stay in your base for a couple of in game days.

I've not tried this myself but seen a few videos on YouTube of people doing this, the reason I say maybe with the Gnat is that it flys so not sure how easy it would be to lure it down and then trip it in hahaha

I'm going to try it tonight because even though I have Zipline towers around the garden I love running around and still killing things and finding little spots I've not seen so having the extra space would be awesome.

FedEx in Bug Form ;)

hopefully the feature doesn't get removed because it's actually a cool little thing to have, not sure either if you can have multiple pets but could be cool.

The remote pet drop off does work and is really good when you are doing a resource run but even building around them is ultimately useless. Everything in the game seems to disregard the existence of the walls you build as every time without fail my pets have “ escaped “ their enclosure by phasing through the walls after a few days, ants, ladybugs and spiders have also done this. I really just want a “ stay “ and “ follow “ command for the pets. I don’t need them with me, I just want their buff and inventory access 

• 3 months later...

Very disappointed in the lackluster pet system. Can't tame 95% or more of the insects in the yard. What's the point of a pet system if you can only tame a couple useless and worthless pets that only carry your garbage for you and give a slight buff? It's more hassle than it's even worth. Compared to other games with pet management systems, this one is a half baked disaster. With how limited the system is, I've got zero interest in even using it. It's boring, bland, featureless and extremely limited. You guys need to fix this. I can without hesitation say that with the pet system being the way it is on top of bugs and glitches that haven't been fixed since Early Access, this game is not worth $50CDN and the fact that they're asking half a hundred dollars for the game is shameful.  Reasons I don't support Early Access games anymore. Every single time a company throws their game into Early Access, features get skipped, bumped, omitted entirely or half baked then or later on. It's always the same old song and dance with games that land in Early Access. With only rare exceptions do companies using Early Access do a proper job through Early Access and afterwards.

This is why I don't support you using Early Access anymore, Obsidian Entertainment. You got your cash in Early Access and then you cut features short - like they all do.