Hostile Bugs Re-aggro after picking up downed player

Been having an issue with Hostile bugs when they knock down a player in multiplayer. They drop aggro like intended and begin to walk away. The issue is that once you pick up the downed player, the hostile bug will re-aggro onto that player and run back to attack them. It seems to only be happening with Hostile bugs, while neutral bugs will not re-aggro. The hostile bug will even prioritize the picked up player over the player it is currently fighting.

Platform - Steam PC

4 Player Multiplayer Shared World - All on Steam PC

Able to recreate issue with every single hostile bug. 

I wanna add to this topic since i believe these are bugs and not intended features.

My friends and I are having this happen to us too, doesnt matter on distance, time of day or any other determining factors, if you're in a fight (regardless of tether range) you're gonna keep aggro if downed and revived. We watched a wolf spider speed its way back home to sleep since day time but as soon as we revived her they were back and hating on her quickly. Alternatively to build on this we've experienced unusual hatred towards us while trying to drop aggro from jumping into the pond. Regardless of how much time we spend in the water(we tested, stayed all night out there), as soon as we touch land whatever had a hate on for us will reaggro from any distance and the only thing stopping that right now we've found is to run it past its tether point where itll drop aggro like its supposed to.(fun thing is we can be across the pond and itll attempt to get to us first, then when it makes contact it realizes it has a tether and returns to where its from. 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:11 PM, TriggeredDodge said:

I thought that this was meant to be a feature where it comes back if it's not too far away. It's happened since early access for me. 

At first we thought that maybe this is a feature on the hardest difficulty but after having two players downed by the same Wolf Spider, over 100cm apart, and I was running back and forth between the two picking them up, which caused the constant re-aggro over and over and over again... I was like.... Yeah this is a bug. I did email the support team and they did confirm that this is not a feature so hopefully they can have this fixed in a micro patch fairly soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like a bug, but if it isn't it sounds like something that could use some tuning. I'll be sure to report this to our QA team for investigation. Please feel free to submit a support ticket if you run into any other issues with Grounded.

Obsidian Support

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks!