Marble and Quartize Shards not respawning

I don't know if this was changed in the full release but as of right now I am in a shared world with a friend and normally I would grind for materials. 
It been 35 in game days and I notice that none of the Marble and Quartz Shards are respawning in any location I found them in. 
Red Ant Hill: none
Small ant hill near the tree: none
Small cave with red mite: none 

I don't know if it a bug or intentional or it bugged by shared world but it would be hard to upgrade with 2 people even when one person always tend to upgrade everything they get. 

Not possible to craft more marble and quartzite anymore as it’s either been removed from the game or it’s a bug with the recent update. Telling people you can craft it is wrong. Considering it does not respawn you can only make plating and whetstones with what you collect and then grind like crazy to collect bug parts. Why bother putting the resources in the game??? Not a great move obsidian :(

• 3 months later...

Dear Obsidian Team,

please change the respawn times.. And if it only respawns every few hundred game days... when playing with multiple people, it's not possible for everyone to be equipped.

Later gameplay is impossible and frustrating for everyone.

Many greetings,

Christoph

I like and dislike certain things about upgrading gear:

1) Love the idea of having new recipes to upgrade gear as it makes it more interesting to farm different bugs (although limited to certain types) to upgrade your gear rather than quartzite which is just ONE commodity that used to repair and upgrade ALL items. So from an interesting and varied standpoint, I like this!

2) Now onto not so good:
Tier III upgrades:
Armour::::: One item needed for Supreme plating  requires farming that has a drop rate of 150-300%. This is good as it allows us to upgrade all our armours over a feasible amount of time.
Weapons:::::The item required for Supreme Whetstones has a drop rate of 20%. So 1 every 5 kills. This is bad enough for candy upgrades. But to upgrade a MIGHTY weapon from Lv 7 to 9 will require 30 Supremes. For a 20 % drop rate players will need to kill 150 creatures. AND THAT IS JUST FOR ONE WEAPON.

So no Obsidian, I wont start another world ever because I will never be able to upgrade all my weapons on ONE world never mind multiple worlds. This is such a shame and a massive oversight to what is a wonderful and refeshing game.

EDIT: To add to the comment by Christoph before mine. This issue I have raised would be made horribly worse for multiplayer due to shared resources.

Edited by dazza61