3 minutes ago, Dalzar said:

Fear ward is good too when you the +3 engagement shout and reduce Will/fortitude. Maybe  you could use spirit frenzy and willbreaker before going full dot-mode later on?

Yeah fear ward has been really good and I found this armor reckless brigandine that gives some bonus for engagement, and amra and helm of the falconer and hyleas talons sp*. It's been actually so fun. The grog voice lines have helped a bunch too along with leap which has to be my favorite thing to do in the entire game besides assassin fireballs. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 9:49 PM, Drew8limbs said:

Hey, new member been playing for a month or so. I have tried a bunch of builds but I can't get the feeling I want or the RP I want out of any of them yet. I would greatly appreciate any help! 

I want a super solid build, I really don't like being a total glass cannon, but I also want to do nasty DoT and not be overcomplicated with combos and buffs and set ups before each fight. I don't mind micromanaging for my MC but the "cast 4 buffs switch 2 weapon sets then your combo is set up now target this Skelly and get flanked on all your beef and you're done" style doesn't speak to me.

I really wanna play a DoT build, I've heard some of you guys mention helwalker/ancient but I just die far too often. I really like the sound of bloodmage/ancient because of wizard DoTs mixed with Druid DoTs, however I just don't know. I'm open to any help you'd be nice enough to offer. What classes are good at damage over time and is there any good combos to make a fun build that bleeds stuff out? 

You have 3 options for solid damage over time pure wizard or blood mage wtih chill fog, combusting wounds, concelhaut's corrosive siphon, necrotic lance, and concelhaut's corrosive skin. All of those spells target fortitude however so you will have to apply constitution and might debuffs as well as have an ally use a morningstar with it's modal to increase your hit chance, pure rogue or street fighter/pure wizard or blood mage with all of those dot spells that I mentioned aside from corrosive skin due to multiclassing and rogue has natural damage over time abilities, and pure wizard or blood mage/ animist druid with 3rd and 5th level lightning spells as well as 1st and 2nd level corrosion spells combined with those fortitude attacking wizard spells makes for solid damage. Perception, might, and intelligence should be your highest stats, and if you can try to get a cloak of the theocrat due to it's stat bonuses.