Mod: Immersion Tweaks - Stealth, Detection & Light

Hello!

Now that I have some time, I decided to do another playthrough on Deadfire. Started a new game with some God Challenges on and was not fully satisfied with how Skaen Challenge worked in terms of FOW and also a couple of minor things so I made a mod. It's tested and I hope to upload it this week (just needs some minor adjustments in terms of strings shown on the game). I came here to ask for suggestions so that if anyone has any idea on what I can include, please let me know in the next few days. I'm happy to say that currently the mod is working as intended. So, scouting and using torches is meaningfull.

Here are some feature:

- Party and enemy detect characters at the same distance (12m; On vanilla, enemies would detect party characters (not in stealth) at 12m while party would detect enemies at 14m)

- Like Skaen Challenge, FOW is reduced in some locations and you have to use a torch/lantern to light the way BUT:

• Light Source: Objects like torches & lanterns that emit light (reveal FOW) will also grant penalties to stealth and make the character(s) more visible and easy to detect.
  • Enemies will now react to light and start investigating (ex: equipping a light source at a distance (torch/lantern) will make enemies investigate (if you are on stealth) or detect you (if you're not stealthed)
  • Torches (normal torches and St.Drogga's Skull): Provide more visibility than lanterns (reveal more FOW)Give a -20 penalty to stealth skill to the character who is using it (because nobody would stealth with a lit torch) ; Give a -15 penalty to stealth skill to characters in party that are in the torch aura (because they are visible); Makes enemies investigate (similar to the effect of Sparkcrakers) 
  • Lanterns (Xoti Lantern included)/Shinning Bulwark: Work as torches but light is dimmer so they reveal less FOW but don't give the -15 penalty to other party members; Give a -20 penalty to stealth skill to the character who is using it; Makes enemies investigate

Other changes that I tested and worked with the mod but I decided not to include:

• Torches giving a -7 deflection penalty when the character is not engaged (this was to mimic the effect of the fact that a person wearing a torch in the dark would make a easy target, specially from arrows coming out of the dark like it happens sometimes in this mod). The penalty does not apply if the character is engaged in melee (because that would not make him an easy target for ranged attacks)
  • Torches having a 10% chance of applying blindness for 5 seconds on Kith

So, I welcome any suggestions before I upload it because there could be some nice additions that I didn't think of.

Thank you.

Edited by JP78
  • Thanks 1