Game closes at Obsidian splash screen.

Replica6x6x6

Question

I have recently installed the game from the Xbox app and when I try to launch it, it makes it to the Obsidian logo splash screen and then immediately closes. 

I checked for a crash log in the game directory but found none. I have rebooted my PC, reinstalled the game twice, uninstalled my graphics card drivers and performed a clean reinstall, set the compatibility mode to windows 7 and windows 8 and set the program to run as administrator.... all to no avail. I have also tried with my virus protection disabled to see if that would help but it did not.

The only fix I could find for this type of issue is related to Citrix, but I do not use Citrix so it is not installed (and I double checked this to be certain it wasn't stealth installed at some point. 

PC Specs below:

CPU: i9 11900K

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengence

GPU: RTX 2080Ti

Install location is on a 2TB nvme SSD

I am running Windows 11 Pro on a pretty fresh install (about 2 weeks ago) and have installed very little aside from game launchers (Steam, Gog, Ubi, Origin and Xbox).

I have also attached my DxDiag information in case it helps. 

Thanks in advance to anybody who might shed some light on this issue.

DxDiag.txt

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Replica6x6x6 said:

I checked for a crash log in the game directory but found none.

just to double-check, you're talking about the output_log.txt file? There's nothing?

6 hours ago, Replica6x6x6 said:

I have recently installed the game from the Xbox app

are you playing via gamepass? 

unfortunately, i've had some games have extremely poor behavior when installed/played through gamepass/xbox app (including crashes before i can even get past publisher screens or intro screens). i might later play the same game via steam with no problem. something about microsoft's integration is just plain ol' ****ty. I know that's not exactly a helpful thing to say, but maybe you can try a steam purchase just to see if it runs that way (and then refund very quickly).

Edited by thelee

Correct, no file named output_log.txt exists within the game directory... it seems as though the game is closing rather than crashing.

Yes, I am playing via Gamepass. This is the first time I have run into an issue using it... though I do not doubt it could be the issue. 

I have considered picking it up on Steam once I have some more cash in my game budget. I used to be able to play it on Origin until it was removed from the subscription service.

Another possible issue might be Windows 11 as I have a some issues with certain games since switching over from Windows 10.