Grounded Windows Version save location after Mushroom and Doom update

Hi,

first I played the game with xbox game pass and enjoyed it for several hours. I decided to buy the game on Steam. I want to transfer my save file to the steam save location.

Before the update the saves where stored in C:\Users\User\Saved Games\Grounded Windows 10. Saves after 1st July not in that folder.

It seems that the save files are now in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\OEI_Grounded_CurrentGameState. The structure of the folders are the same and there are new folders created after saving the game. But the folders been listed empty! 

So what could I do to transfer the save files to the Steam Version? Where are the windows Version files located?

I dont want to start a new game after several hours of progress.

I am using Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22.000.65

Hopefully someone could help me

Grounded 1.PNG

Grounded 2.PNG

Edited by x360flipx

• 3 weeks later...

I think that those files are juste temporary game state and not actual saves.

One option you could try would be to save on game on the steam version.

Then Copy the content of the save you want to the folder of the steam version and replace the IDs if they're different.

The Steam version saves are at C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games\Grounded

• 3 weeks later...

Hello x360flipx! There is an option to export your save from the Xbox Game Pass PC version of the game when you go to continue. It should inform you of what directory the save is in and then all you need to do is copy that file to your Steam save folder location. 

You'll find it here if you're using the default location: C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games\Grounded

If you're still running into issues, please contact our support team so we can work with you to try and resolve this issue. 

Thanks