I would like to propose three different DLC ideas that would make the game repayable and a ton of fun for end game.

[1]- I propose that the player be allowed to upgrade rooms in their ship in order to recruit non companion NPC's

*The player could recruit NPC's such as the Chef or Ex-Merc

*These non-companion NPC's would be available to recruit after end game.

*These non-companion NPC's would send the player on randomly generated quests (eg hit quests or material gathering).

*These non-companion NPC's would also be able to be dropped off or sent out to gather certain resources.

[2]- I propose that the player be allowed to own his own outpost (not unlike the Groundbreaker) where you would be able to go around finding vendors and people that are interested in running storefronts on your outpost.

*Storefronts fill in (depending on the quest) with interactable NPC's when you find an NPC that is valid 

(Wing-ball idea here but the story could go something like a retired Sublite contractor is helping you gather a crew for the station you could go to her/him for the NPC locations)

*The NPC vendors can send you on gathering quests such as supply refill / weapons cache recovery.

*Work with the NPC's in order to gather data on derelict ships and raid them for supply's and parts.

NOTE: All of these quests can be randomly generated and make the value of the dlc that much greater. For example NPC gives you Xtask -> takes you to Ytask or Ztask Then return to NPC at X Y or Z location this can also be done through a community cork board of such. (Also if you find a retired constable they could send you on bounties etc. )

[3]- I propose that the player be allowed to create his own faction.

*The player would be able to use an area such as the waste disposal unit as a faction base on the Groundbreaker as there is a lot of space there that could be utilized.

*The player would be able to run retrieval tasks for the faction as well as others under their faction banner and the actions grow or decrease reputation with other factions depending on the actions taken.

*The player can salvage broken terminals and vending machines and have them repaired for further functionality in the faction.

*Work with the NPC's in order to gather data on derelict ships and raid them for supply's and parts.

*As the faction grows the rooms connected to the waste disposal unit on the Groundbreaker can be filled with recruited NPC's that have taken refuge under your banner.

(Maybe have some sort of alliance with the under decker's as well? and expand on that story)

Nonetheless, I appreciate any time anyone has spent on reading this. I believe that any one of these ideas could bring a lot of value to the game. As I see it since modding will be unlikely if they give it that modded feel it could shine even further!

Let me know what you guys think. I took a lot of time thinking about the easier ways of doing things so that the devs wouldn't have to slave over code for hours.