Missing Strings Problem

Skemptor

Question

Hi I installed this game through the Xbox GamePass on PC, anyway I can't do anything because all it says for any of the tabs on the opening page is Missing String followed by various numbers, I managed to close the game down because a friend has the game and he told me which of the buttons to click, has anyone any idea why this is happening, I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, my computer has recently been upgraded and has 40GB of ram along with an 8GB graphics card and can definatly run it, but no matter what I have tried all I get is missing strings

3 answers to this question

Hello, I have got the same Problem, just installed the game but not on the 😄 drive. Also trough XBox gamepass and installed via the Xbox app.

My System language is German, I dont know what language the game is because <missing string nnn>.

The Option menu ist full of missing strings too, in fact the only thing I can read is the name. The displayed version of the game is V1.0.21.0000 LAX123ABCDEFGHI[TB]. The menu runs on 144 fps so thats fine ;) (just mentioning because the [TB] part is speculative as my fps counter sits at the same place)

Pillars of Eternity_Missing Strings.jpg

Edit: Fixed it myself by changing the LanguageName_h2027703280 Registry entry @Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity          it was set on "german" and I changed it to "englisch"  Funny thing is:
The game is in German now ^^
I hope this can help someone.

Cheers  Neso

Edited by Nesopharus

4 hours ago, Nesopharus said:

Hello, I have got the same Problem, just installed the game but not on the 😄 drive. Also trough XBox gamepass and installed via the Xbox app.

My System language is German, I dont know what language the game is because <missing string nnn>.

The Option menu ist full of missing strings too, in fact the only thing I can read is the name. The displayed version of the game is V1.0.21.0000 LAX123ABCDEFGHI[TB]. The menu runs on 144 fps so thats fine ;) (just mentioning because the [TB] part is speculative as my fps counter sits at the same place)

Pillars of Eternity_Missing Strings.jpg

Edit: Fixed it myself by changing the LanguageName_h2027703280 Registry entry @Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity          it was set on "german" and I changed it to "englisch"  Funny thing is:
The game is in German now ^^
I hope this can help someone.

Cheers  Neso

Well now that I made my first steps in the game:

The Language selected ingame was german, but I needed to change it to englisch because in the intro the game was not giving me any sound output and afterwards no speach. Also after the intro text were displayed as missing string 1, missing string 2, missing string 3 etc. I changed the language to English ingame (additionally to the registry) but now I have got missing textures. Anybody got an Idea whats going on?

Edit: I reinstalled the game and it seems to work fine now. I changed the drive from a HDD to a SSD but I don't know if this made any difference or the first try being just a flawed download.

Pillars_Missing_Textures.jpg

Edited by Nesopharus