wont let me load game

Hey Cody! I'm sorry to hear that Grounded isn't loading correctly. Can you please submit a support ticket? There we can work with you one on one to try and help resolve the issue. 

Please include the following information: 

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Same problem. Just bought the game via Steam, that has been out since Jul 28th 2020.

Clicking play cause screen to flicker for an instant (so fast the play button doesn't have time to change to 'running' visually) and nothing.

I decided to browse the local files and run 'Grounded.exe'  directly as an Administrator.

Yields the following error:

Main-Win64-Shipping.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

I searched all sub-folders of the steam install directory.  I could not locate this file there.  Maybe that's why it can't find the entry point?

I have also sent a message via the portal, got the reply email.  I'd give you a ticket or reference number, but your response email contains none.

edit2:  I just discovered I bought this once 5 months ago.  It was doing the same thing and had to refund it.  FIVE MONTHS later, and it's still doing the same thing?  This speaks volumes and I've updated my curator review to reflect this lapse in fixing something 5 months old that prevents someone from even launching the game, let alone playing it.

grounded-launch.jpg

Edited by Dan Kay
1: typo 2: wakeup call to devs

I have a crashing problem too with the game.

I used to play when the game was released and stopped for a while.

I reinstalled it recently from Steam and I cannot play at all. The game crashes 5 seconds after the "Loading" text appears on the black screen.

It is a shame because I bought it to my niece to play with her in multiplayer. She can play but is a bit afraid to play alone, so she is waiting for me to solve the problem.

My PC is using Win10.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:28 AM, Dan Kay said:

Yields the following error:

Main-Win64-Shipping.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

I searched all sub-folders of the steam install directory.  I could not locate this file there.  Maybe that's why it can't find the entry point?

I have also sent a message via the portal, got the reply email.  I'd give you a ticket or reference number, but your response email contains none.

edit2:  I just discovered I bought this once 5 months ago.  It was doing the same thing and had to refund it.  FIVE MONTHS later, and it's still doing the same thing?  This speaks volumes and I've updated my curator review to reflect this lapse in fixing something 5 months old that prevents someone from even launching the game, let alone playing it.

grounded-launch.jpg

Hey Dan! I'm sorry that you're still dealing with this crashing issue. If you haven't already, I recommended making sure your drivers and your OS are both up to date, including the optional updates. That specific error seems to be linked to users running Windows 7 & 8 and are missing that specific file. If updating doesn't work, please try this update and let me know if that worked for you.