Can we get contextual button re-mapping?

Is it possible for us to get button re-mapping on an XBox controller that is contextual? There are so many things you can do in this game and only so many buttons on my controller.

Remapping doesn't quite work, due to how 1 button can do many things in different contexts; for example, I think the Y button to hide trail markers is totally useless, I never touch it. So I want to remap Y outside of the inventory menu to be able to switch between 1st and 3rd persons, as I use that a lot.

But, due to how button mapping in this game works, if I try to change camera view toggle to Y, the game says it will clear ALL commands mapped to that button. In order to have Y switch camera views, I can no longer do anything else with that button, like moving buildings and consuming items. This doesn't make any sense to me, as it's already mapped with multiple functions by default.

Plus, I can't even access the new photo mode on my controller. :( Also can't seem to find it in the start menu or inventory, so it essentially locks me out of the photo mode. 

I posted this to the official subreddit originally but since I'm not sure how often the devs check there and this is pretty important to me, I'm posting it here too!