Turkish language support

Hello, we have added the game to our wishlist on steam, we are determined to buy it, but me and many friends. We do not buy it because there is no Turkish language support, we hope Turkish language support will be brought in soon.

This has nothing to do with knowing English. Many language support is included in the game. However, as in some game makers still ostracized Turkish Language and Turkey.

I don't know how right it is to confuse politics and the gaming platform. You have not been able to overcome this problem for years, it is really sad.

not_supported_turkish.PNG

I doubt it has anything to do with politics. Localization is expensive and the decision is likely made by the publisher on a cost/expected return basis. In many cases, it's added as development progresses or even after release.

Still, I've been in your shoes more than once, and it really sucks when people you know are turned away from a game you'd like to play with them because it isn't localized. For those of us who aren't native English speakers this is always an uphill battle. Good luck with your petition.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, 213374U said:

I doubt it has anything to do with politics. Localization is expensive and the decision is likely made by the publisher on a cost/expected return basis. In many cases, it's added as development progresses or even after release.

Still, I've been in your shoes more than once, and it really sucks when people you know are turned away from a game you'd like to play with them because it isn't localized. For those of us who aren't native English speakers this is always an uphill battle. Good luck with your petition.

expensive? Do you really believe you can clarify this with this sentence?

You don't have to pay for the placement, it can even be enough to open community translations especially for this type of game and have people assist you with those translations.

Translations with a lot of detail can be paid for, but in games with such simple translations, community translations have often been used and have been very useful.

For example, even a very large platform like Steam is still developed with community translations. I am helping with these community translations.

Steam Games, Pubg, Rust, which is very popular as a game, is still updated with community translations.

By creating a site called translate.obsidian.net, it shouldn't be that difficult to open language files to community translations here.

These translations can be added to the game in the next update after they are approved by the previously selected moderators.

We know that these are not difficult to do when prompted. a country with a large mass of players like to see Turkey as a country still 3rd party really sad.

Yes, I think it is political. I hope I'm wrong. However, it is funny that Turkish language support is still not given in games even in 2021.

Send me the language files of this game by email. Let us send you the language file of this game translated into Turkish after a few weeks. We do not charge you for this. :)

Anyway, I hope we will see Turkish and other missing languages in all games soon. Or we will not buy such games. Hope you understand what I mean when you show a little empathy.  Have a nice day.

Examples:
Rust: https://crowdin.com/project/rust
Steam Games (CSGO, TF2, Dota etc.): https://translation.steampowered.com

Many popular games like this one are still updated with community translations.

Edited by delidolu1adam

I don't believe I can clarify anything with that sentence -- that's literally the reason used by publishers 100% of the time when they deign answer the question why a game isn't translated to a specific language.

I mean, feel free to keep thinking it's a political matter, but there isn't much support for that hypothesis when games (including Grounded) are translated to Russian and Chinese, for instance.

None of this means you should stop asking for a translation, of course. Fan translations are better than nothing I guess, but I am personally not a fan of those -it's kinda sleazy for a company to reap profits from the work of unpaid volunteers so obviously right up Valve's alley- and I say this as someone who has contributed to fan translations in the past. You do you.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I hope I am wrong :) There are game producers who constantly exclude the Turkish player community. Hopefully Grounded won't be one of these. We hope that language support will come soon. Then you can be sure that I will buy the game with many of my friends. Good work.