Cannot load save games or play expansion

Greetings, I played the game soon after launch and loved the game so I finished it pretty quickly.  I have not played since and multiple updates have occurred.  I went ahead and got the expansion but when I go to play, I found that while all my save games exist in my profile folder "Load Game" is greyed out in the game.  So I can no longer use my character OR play the expansion. Please help.

This is in Windows 10 and the game was purchased on the Microsoft store.  Thank you.

In the event anyone else runs into my issue, with the help of support I figured out what happened.

I played through the whole game without using cloud saves and never signed into the Xbox app it wanted me to use.  So all save games were saved in "C:\Users\PROFILE_NAME\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10\__LOCAL__" .    After installing the expansion and logging in to the game it bugged me about the Xbox app and cloud saves again so I logged into that.  At this point I believe the game changed where it looks for saves to "C:\Users\USER_PROFILE\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10\MICROSOFT_ACCOUNT_ID".   This location was new and empty so the game saw no save files.  Simply copying my saves from _LOCAL_ to the microsoft account folder allowed the game to see them all.  And bam, problem solved!