Can't Load Save Files

Okay, now I'm pissed. I did NOT buy the DLC, so why do I need to buy the DLC to continue my game? I bought the game and played 13 hours, I've already have to restart once because I didn't know i could not update the attributes, and now I have to start from scratch again? I am a completionist type player (I personally DETEST having incomplete missions in my journal) and have spent HOURS completing every quest I come across, but now I have to do ALL that all over again? I have truly been enjoying the game so far but it'll be a right chore to start from scratch. I have submitted my support request to Private Division already, hopefully they come through. 

10 minutes ago, Kupoflupo said:

I have the exact same issue

same. 2 emails to support... no answer, the only information available is from other gamers with the issue. no solution, apology or even acceptance of a massive blunder by anyone who should be.

17 minutes ago, James C said:

same. 2 emails to support... no answer, the only information available is from other gamers with the issue. no solution, apology or even acceptance of a massive blunder by anyone who should be.

Bought the game three days ago, and I've probably lost 6 hrs bco this.. so not too bad for me, but I spent most of those completing side-quests on the first planet and I really don't  want to re-do those again this early into a new game .. Here's to hoping they will give us something to make up for it

Edited by Kupoflupo

2 hours ago, paperthick said:

I wrote in to Private Division as requested in this topic, and they quickly resolved the issue after receiving my saved games.  They went a bit above and beyond .  Do not cave and purchase the DLC to fix the problem.

This. I also wrote to them and they quicly worte back, and fixed the problem :) Really great service

Edited by Kupoflupo
  • Like 1

Can confirm with paperthick - I went through the Private Division ticketing process, sent them my save files as requested and was given a key to fix the issue after they confirmed that my saves were still broken.  

Edited by jkspecial
  • Like 1

I have an Xbox One X. I have used this Xbox with the same gamertag throughout my entire play of The Outer Worlds. My games were saved in the cloud. I completed the game using one character, had multiple manual saves (one just prior to the point of no return) I was very high level character with dozens of gameplay hours in that character which I want to use for the DLC. I created a second character to play as an evil character. I have access to 4 saves only from that character, 1 manual and 3 auto from 31/12/2019 only. No others. I can't retrieve any saves from the original created character after updating to 1.4.056. My saves that I can see are from 1.20.418.  All my searches on game save issues are overrun with EPIC game store issues and some other PC, but I cant see too many Xbox One issues. I've tried a cloud sync with no luck. Those saves must be there, the game is just not recognising them. I've had no cloud save issues with any games ever, only losing 360 games locally back in the day after hard drive failure. I've raised with Private Division, but they had nothing to add. They were friendly, but pretty much a 'sucks to be you' response. Hopefully others are having this issue on console and we get a fix. I really don't want to start again.

Edited by bv3

21 hours ago, paperthick said:

I wrote in to Private Division as requested in this topic, and they quickly resolved the issue after receiving my saved games.  They went a bit above and beyond .  Do not cave and purchase the DLC to fix the problem.

It is good news that Private Division is remedying a mistake by Epic for some people. They didn't cause the problem, but they are working to fix it.  Unfortunately, they need a remedy that can be universally applied to everyone whose game files were broken. Private Division should not have to email every person who emails them about the continued problem. Every person with the problem should not have to email Private Division to fix a problem that was caused by Epic.

I have  contacted Private Division. It  was about 48 hours ago. I have heard nothing back, not even an acknowledgement of my initial contact. Two days doesn't seem long to me, but from other posts, it appears that Private Division has a rapid response time for some people.

I was enjoying this game. I would have paid for the DLC Season Pass. Now the experience is being spoiled. Every time I have to check this forum and post something about the  problem still not being solved it associates negative experiences with the Epic Game Store and The Outer Worlds. That's unfortunate. I don't want to think, "oh that's the game they screwed up" every time I see Outer Worlds in my game library. I have already turned off auto-update in the Epic Game store do to my experience. It's also in bad form that Epic has not acknowledged their mistake and owned the responsibility to make it right. Instead, we are left to post our grievances on the forum of the Developers who did not brake the save files.

I'm here again because it's not like I can be playing The Outer Worlds right now.

The game save files are still broken.

The issue remains unresolved. 

I have contacted Private Division twice now with no response, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of my messages.

I fairly expect a resolution to this mess. I fairly expect an acknowledgement of my messages to Private Division for help.

I will not go away until this problem is resolved and I encourage others who continue to have the problem to voice it.

Well, I'm back. I've contacted Private Division three times now with no response. At all.

The game save files are still broken. No solution has been offered for everyone who was affected by Epic's error.

This is needs to be remedied by either Obsidian/Private Division and/or Epic.

I would then suggest they either aren't receiving the requests OR provided you are using https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001688994 you are not receiving their attempted responses back for some reason.  Their system, without any human element, will email you back automatically on successful creation of your ticket.

21 hours ago, paperthick said:

I would then suggest they either aren't receiving the requests OR provided you are using https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001688994 you are not receiving their attempted responses back for some reason.  Their system, without any human element, will email you back automatically on successful creation of your ticket.

I appreciate your help. I have used that site twice. I have directly emailed them support (at) privatedivsion once. I have checked my spam/junk folders and reviewed my filters. There is no sign anywhere of a response. This is the only forum I have to communicate with company that might get a solution.

The no response could be due to the volume of requests they are receiving.  Sorry, my post is not helpful, just want to put in my speculation.

I submitted my request to Private Division once they acknowledge the problem that day when the DLC was back up on the EGS store.

Submitted my save folder (they want the folder to be zipped) for verification of the broken state and they promptly sent me a code for the DLC to remedy the problem on the second day.

I was glad that Private was willing to remedy the problem when Epic wouldn't.  I don't think I will buy another game on the EGS in the future.  Sure, its a knee jerk response, but I don't like how epic handles customer service.