Is there any intention to add mod support to the game or has it just been brushed under the carpet as most game developers seem to do?

You'll usually get a "we would love to add mod support at a later date" comment and then never hear anything else about it.

It still amazes me that developers don't see the selling potential of adding mod support.

I would buy this game full price if it had mod support but will only buy it as a budget title without.

Mod support adds infinitely more value and longevity to a game.

Obsidian should know this better than others as it is one of the major reasons the Elder scrolls and Fallout games are so successful.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for outer worlds and Avowed (another future budget buy if it doesn't get mod support).

Devs were pretty open from the start that certain features that they know there is demand for (like 3rd person camera or modding support) won't be possible to add for this relatively small budget, first in the IP, build from the ground up game. Perhaps for the sequel.

OW is also build in Unreal Engine, not an inhouse one, and while I know little of modding UE isn't famous from being mod friendly out of the box. As such I would also keep expectations regarding modding take for Avowed - though it is a far bigger Microsoft funded production, so anything is possible at this point.