[Spoiler] Xoti ending help/clarification

Hello,

i followed some Guides on Xoti and went the "dark" Path to get the Damage Bonus Lantern (as it was suggested multiple times).

Today by accident i read what the "Dark"  Ending it is given to her (she goes insane apparently).

I already selected 2 times the "Dark" path options. Im post Cleansening in the Gaun Temple.

Is there a way to get the trashing option and still have a better ending?

I read several Topics about it (Reddit/Steam/Here) and there are confusing answers. Some say 3x Dark and keeping Souls keep her sane.

Update: i have a save file before the Gaun Ritual in Sacred Steps with 1 Dark Path selection thought its several hours behind

Edited by DonKalleOne

Doing the End of Xoti's Quest Line now and did go 3xDark and got 4% Damage increase with 13 Religion.

Is this the right number?  From the Lantern Wiki Page [(Increases with Religion skill) (Religion * 0.0025) + 1.01.]

Which is terribly Low as i read several Times its 1% per Religion Rank.

In addition i'm doing now my experiments with outcomes so we have a definitive answer with the latest patch.

In addition can someone confirm that the Light of the Dawnstar indeed resist friendly buff spells?

Xoti.thumb.JPG.9e3269777f68e84c667cc377ab9c65a2.JPG

Edited by DonKalleOne

I will make this a separate Post so it is better organized.

There is no 3x Dark + Animancer path cause the Animancer Option in itself is a Light Side Choice. So this Internet info is boggus.

The Rest:

3x Dark then asking to Release will result in Keeping the Souls + Trashing Aura
3x Dark then asking to Keeping will result in Keeping the Souls + Trashing Aura
2x Dark + With Animancers then asking to Release will result in Keeping the Souls + Trashing Aura
2x Dark + With Animancers then asking to Keeping will result in Releasing the Souls + Light Aura
2x Dark + "God" Path (either) has the same Results as the Animancer ones.

There are no Dialog Options that alter this process. I tried "all" combinations and it was always the same result just different "flavor".

Hope this will help people in the future.

tl/dr: Keeping / Releasing the Souls sets the Lantern Aura nothing more. Unless for RP or PotD Reason the trashing Aura inst worth it.

Edited by DonKalleOne
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DonKalleOne said:

Which is terribly Low as i read several Times its 1% per Religion Rank.

be careful about reading stuff online. things got heavily nerfed shortly after release. if in doubt, go for the weaker numbers you see online.