Why was POE II removed from GeForce Now?

Daniel Kiryakov

Question

Hello,

I don't own a powerful enough PC to play Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire so I signed up for GeForce Now's cloud gaming service. I was just about to purchase the game on Steam when I discovered that it was removed from GeForce's Now library just a few days ago because "developers / publishers have not opted in to GeForce now" to allow the game on the service.

Why is that? Everyone is still required to own a copy so there's literraly no impact on revenue from allowing it on the service. If anything, the revenue impact is positive, as it can allow more players like myself to experience and purchase the game.

Please find out more here: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/cloudgaming

and here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-announcements/22/380557/geforce-now-library-update-and-some-qa/

Please add the game back to GeForce Now! I was a big POE 1 fan with over 150 hrs played and was planning on returning to the franchise.A big thank you in advance if you manage to do that!!!

Best,

Daniel 

3 answers to this question

On 10/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, TRIANTAFYLLOS PAPAROUNTAS said:

same issue. 

Please fix soon. 

XBOX Game pass Ultimate (xCloud) is not available to all countries, and is not available for MAC/PC yet.

Geforce Now covers more countries.

i am purely speculating, but i strongly suspect that because obsidian is owned by microsoft now, they are going to be an xbox game pass exclusive shop as much as possible (barring past publishing deals they have to honor, like with poe1).