PS4 Last Sanctuary bug

marcusjae

Question

Hi there, I don't normally post to these things but here goes. I have the PS4 version of POE2 (don't judge please) and have encountered a clear bug with the Last Sanctuary quest. Having done a peaceful run of this quest, I have healed all three daughter trees (no aggro) and gone through their dialogues. I then meet with the Rotten/Green Lady and go through that dialogue, successfully convincing her to let me heal the main tree. I fix the adra pillar and then go through the final dialogue, with the Lady thanking me, giving me natures mark etc.

As soon as this final dialogue ends, everything on the map immediately turns hostile and attacks, including the supposedly now friendly Green Lady and her supposedly grateful daughters. Having watched lets plays doing the same process, and having also read a post from a couple of years ago reporting this bug on the PC original (apparently patched some time ago), it seems 100% clear to me that I have encountered a massively irritating bug.

Someone help! Love this series and hopefully this helps the PS4 team lift this port to the fully functional state enjoyed by PC players.

Many thanks, marcusjae

2 answers to this question

You only need 1 daughter "turned" to be able to help the rotted lady. I've done this quest several times and the first time I only healed 1 tree. This was enough to convince the rotted lady to heal her tree. After the rotted lady turns into the green lady everyone should be non hostile on the map. This is definitely a bug. Have you retried the map (load save from before you entered the map?)

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2020 at 12:46 PM, AeonsLegend said:

You only need 1 daughter "turned" to be able to help the rotted lady. I've done this quest several times and the first time I only healed 1 tree. This was enough to convince the rotted lady to heal her tree. After the rotted lady turns into the green lady everyone should be non hostile on the map. This is definitely a bug. Have you retried the map (load save from before you entered the map?)

Weirdly it fixed itself! I went to do what you suggested: i.e. find an older pre entry save point but I don't keep many saves and only had a super old one and then the limited no of autosaves. Thing is, after checking through some of the old saves, I went back to the most recent apparently bugged one and tried once more just for kicks. It didn't trigger this time and acted precisely as it should! Very weird because I had already tried reloading this save to no avail a number of times when I first encountered this issue. Not even explainable by full reboot because, again, I'd retried over a 2 day period before posting here! Random luck or sneaky hotfix or something?! Whatever the case, I'm happy. It was a cool quest and I was finding it difficult to keep playing without that being resolved properly. Thanks for your help here :)