(PS4) Cavern of Xaur Tuk-Tuk bug

Panda Pandaren

Question

two Xaurips are not marked as a combat objectives. when you kill the rest, they are attacking you, engaged character is defending, but it is not counted as a combat mode. as a result, Mother Sharp Rock is still frightened to exit the cage

reloading gave me sometime only 1 such Xaurip, but still it breaks the quest

3 answers to this question

Same here, PS4, in the cavern. 2 enemies are never targetable, the Warchief and a long range schmuk. And I searched online a lot, this bug exists from 2018, and I've not found that it was solve, not even if there is an alternative. I've done everything, tried everything. I sometimes managed to kill the long range dude, but never the warchief.

And it's simple, it's directly from the start of the fight. No spells or actions done yet. Both are easy to see they are not targetable. 

How come it's not fixed? Many messages online about that. Not just in the cavern. I'm wondering if I should continue playing, cuz it's very annoying.

I've seen replies from Obsidian, but never a follow-up to explain a workaround or a fix. 

Daniel

15 hours ago, Daniel Bigras said:

How come it's not fixed? Many messages online about that. Not just in the cavern. I'm wondering if I should continue playing, cuz it's very annoying.

It's a very specific issue to the cavern of xaur-tuk-tuk and also one level of the oathbinder's sanctum. I have no idea why it's just those places. But basically if you happen to do a save/load cycle within those areas, it screws up the hostility of some of the enemies there.

for the xaur-tuk-tuk case, when you try to leave the cave after having killed all you could, the frightened xaurip will run out of the cage and come talk to you, so everything can proceed normally, so nothing is really broken (you just avoid fighting a couple of random enemies). this is probably why it never got fixed - it's so low priority because hardly anything is broken because of it, that no one could be bothered in the little time they had left.

Edited by thelee