Crash to desktop on launch, during Obsidian Logo

Ryam

Question

Hello,

I just got a Surface Pro 7 and was curious if Pillars of Eternity 2 would run on it. Unfortunately it crashes a few seconds into the Obsidian logo animation (right on launch) with no error messages. It happens whether launching from GOG Galaxy or from the .exe itself.

I have tried verifying/repairing the files, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

I tried a few other games and they work fine (Pillars of Eternity, Civilization 6).

I looked around the forums and wasn't able to find a similar crash (most had a crash report or were related to Citrix, which I do not have installed) but if you know of the proper thread please let me know.

DxDiag.txt output_log.txt

2 answers to this question

I just got a new desktop PC with a RTX 3070 and I'm having what seems to be the exact same problem. I also don't have Citrix. Did you manage to solve the problem?

PS: The game ran fine on my old machine with a GTX 1050.

Edited by DaylenAmell

I found my problem! I looked at Event Viewer and found that the faulting module is GalaxyPeer64.dll, version: 1.114.12.0. I moved the file outside of the folder where it originally belongs (C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\peer\msvc-18) and the game launched perfectly!