WHY are all dialogue choices are numbered

From last night to today, all of my dialoge choices are numbered, and it's not something I support or like. I cannot find the change anywhere in the channel log or anyone posting about this and wondering if this is a bug or a part of the update. I have reloaded my game and loaded an older profile and it still persists, so I'm leaning towards it being a feature, in which case can there be a option to remove that, since dialogue is a huuuuge part of this game. For me, this breaks immersion and playability in what is a fantastic RPG, and I most likely won't be playing it until it's can be hidden/turned off.

50 minutes ago, Troy Quinby said:

From last night to today, all of my dialoge choices are numbered, and it's not something I support or like. I cannot find the change anywhere in the channel log or anyone posting about this and wondering if this is a bug or a part of the update. I have reloaded my game and loaded an older profile and it still persists, so I'm leaning towards it being a feature, in which case can there be a option to remove that, since dialogue is a huuuuge part of this game. For me, this breaks immersion and playability in what is a fantastic RPG, and I most likely won't be playing it until it's can be hidden/turned off.

I think this is how it looks for the PC version, and now it's set up for all platforms for some reason.

Prior to the patch, PC players using a controller did not see the numbers. After the patch, it appears that all players on all platforms see the numbers.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The last update messed up a lot on my end (PS4), there are numerous UI and text errors in addition to dialogue choices being numbered for a keyboard.  

- Incorrect or empty values (e.g Armor: 0) on equipment when viewed on the workbench, or missing text (e.g Armor Type:  _____.)

- Companion direction icon (floating arrow) missing entirely, though it's worth noting it only started showing up shortly before this last update for me and I've been playing since release.  Since it doesn't have a toggle in the settings, I presume it's baked into the UI.  I really like it though.

- Icons not 'filling' when held in the UI.  They work though, this is an inconsistent visual bug.  Could just be an edge case.

Just off the top of my head.

Edited by Fisto
Clarification