UNPLAYABLE. Fix for ultrawide desperately needed

I bought this game with my hard-earned money. I didn't get it for free on Game Pass.

The fact that ultrawide is completely broken is insulting. I don't even have the option to play in 16:9 with full screen because it just stretches the image to fit the screen. 

Playing it in windowed is also not an option because for some reason the performance is absolutely atrocious in windowed mode. Even with g-sync enabled, it stutters so bad I feel like I'm going to have a seizure.

I have a 9900 k and a 2080 TI. The game runs like butter in full-screen but that stretched image hurts my brain.  I realize ultrawide users represent 2 to 3 percent of all users but it takes a few hours TOPS for a coder to address this.

It's like obsidian is saying 3% of our users can go f themselves cuz we're not going to give them an hour or two of our time

I don't mean to sound as desperate as OP, but I do agree you really should have implemented widescreen resolutions at launch. I was very excited to purchase and play your game but once it was installed I realized no actual support for 3440x1440 was extant. Any game lacking this is an instant return for me. Needless to say, I returned the game until a hotfix is out. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sonarplexus said:

I just replied in the main 21:9 thread, including links and instructions to setting up either widescreen or 16:9:

Should not have to do these workarounds as a consumer. This should be the responsibility of those providing the product. It would be like a console player taking the game home and having to mod their console to display on their TV. Voting with the wallet on this one until/if (looks like a big IF) they provide support.