Companion switch erased equipment and stats

When I added Ellie to my party I switched her out for Vicar Max. He had a nice set of armor and the new science weapon I just acquired. Since he had the highest science stat I let him use it. When I sent him back to the ship I discovered his stats had been reset and his equipment had been lost. I just lost 1 the unique science weapons 8 hours in to the game. There’s no going back and no way to get it again. WTF. I also had to level him back up. I have 2 of his starting guns and his starting clothes too now...

also Max is always in the med bay on groundbreaker where I picked up Ellie. A few more hours in and Vicar max has reset himself again for no reason I can tell. Back to no stats and all the gear I gave him are gone again. Wow how frustrating. 

F46B9EBE-0E17-487C-9944-106C1E5BE668.jpeg

0685DD7C-07F5-4333-8DF8-4BAF7DA2084E.jpeg

Edited by Rich0o0
More bugs appeared

Hey, Rich0o0

I'm sorry for the companion issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I literally JUST made an account on this site for the sole purpose of expressing this:

It is now 2023. Same companion, same bug, same glitch trigger (when switching companions to recruit Ellie, it seems).

4 years! This is ridiculous, y'all, it basically makes Max (or any comp. that got switched out) an unusable companion from then on cause I can't risk losing whatever good gear I give him, or take the extra consideration to make sure his perks are still active all the time.

Sorely disappointed this hasn't been addressed, Devs. 😮‍💨 This feels like a hell of an oversight for an RPG; Fallout New Vegas didn't even have anything this obnoxiously detrimental to the overall gameplay.