Linux - black screen on scene change (with sub-par workaround)

Stew_rt

Question

Hi All,

I have been experiencing an odd issue on my Arch Linux machine where when the game loads as expected, but when there is a scene change, the entire scene is black, but the UI elements and game keep running (even UI elements with 3d containers such as the inventory panel).

Interestingly the LD_PRELOAD launch option does not make any difference to whether this happens or not, but does cause the second company logo to show correctly on startup...

I spent ages playing around with the graphical settings and watching the logs for exceptions, but the logs do not present any exceptions when this happens (even though they do show other exceptions at times when things don't appear to be unusual.. baring in mind I don't have a Windows box running "normally" to compare to).

advertised SUB-PAR WORKAROUND:

* Change the resolution to a lower-than-native of the screen (in this case my display is 1920x1080) - this stops this happening for some reason (even if it's already happened)

This is obviously A bit disappointing as everything looks softer, but I've tested this with all the other graphical settings enabled, and it works.

If it's of any use for a fix in the future, my GPU is a AMD Vega 56

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet