Change loading screen image

How do i change the loading screen? I want to replace it with something like the PoEI’s adra wallpaper or Deadfire’s first scene Eothas

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hey, don't know if you are still interested (or on this forum anymore?), but I've figured out a simple way to create such a mod!

The following has Photoshop in mind, but this should be doable in GIMP or Photopea as well.

Create a new image with a height of 1280 pixels and a width of 2048 pixels. Resized your desired image to fit this.

Without changing the width, increase the image height (Image/Image size...) to 1704px. Deadfire stretches out the loadscreen images (likely to scale the image to different sized monitors), so this is necessary to avoid your image looking odd in game.

Next increase the canvas height (Image/Canvas Size...) to match the width of 2048px. Fill in the empty space at the top and bottom of your image with black. You should now have a squashed/streched image that is 2048px by 2048px.

Save your image somewhere as a .png with the name "generic_load_bg". Make a folder for your mod in the override folder. Inside of the new folder create 2 more folders: One called "gui" and the other "loadscreens". Put your image inside the loadscreens folder, and then place the loadscreens folder inside the gui folder. The default loadscreen should now be replaced by your image.

If you want to replace a DLC's loadscreen, name the .png one of the following:

• Seeker, Slayer, Survivor: “lax01_sss_load_bg"
  • Beast of Winter: “lax02_bow_load_bg”
  • The Forgotten Sanctum: “lax03_fs_load_bg”
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hey Kvellen, thanks for theses instructions! I have another question for you. Do you know how to replace the title screen of the game?

Edited by Qhuenta
typo
  • Like 1

@Kvellen Thanks for the instant response! I figured it might be as you said. I remember wanting to edit the UI of PoE 1 and finding it very difficult to locate those elements. I did make and publish a mod that replaced the intro movies of that game with nothing but black. I might try and do the same thing here with that title screen. From the image you shared though, it looks like you unpacked the right asset. If you remember which asset file it was please share that info with me.

• Like 2

@Kvellen I think I found said files or references to them. One of those files is named "MainMenu_BG_Far-sharedassets1.assets-24.png" and I extracted it from this asset file: "...Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\sharedassets4.assets". Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I did make and publish a mod that replaces the title screen with plain beautiful black, not to everyone's taste's perhaps, but for me I like the simplicity. The mod also renders invisible the Versus Evil startup logo and hides the news tab of the title screen. Thanks again @Kvellen for the helpful information. Here's a link to the mod if anyone wants it:

Deadfire - No Logo - No News - Blank Background
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/724

Edited by Qhuenta
I wanted to replace the word "menu" with the more accurate term "screen".
  • Like 2