I’ve been working on a party build idea this last week and it’s turned into a fun challenge that I think the community might enjoy: Create a party of characters that each personify a different deity. 

Divine Avatars 

The gods of Eora are the personification of mortal ideals and experiences - Justice & Vengeance, Memory & Grief, etc. This concentration of personality and singular focus is the source of lots of drama and conflict, but it also serves as a mirror for mortals to see what it looks like if one part of who they are becomes too dominant. For some it’s a cautionary tale, but for others, it is the path they choose or the the path they’ve been placed on by their experiences. 

For us as character builders, what would it look like to create a character that is the personification of a god? To build a character that reflects the ideals, themes, and portfolio of a god, but also a story that explains how they have come to be this way. They may worship this god or not. The god may acknowledge them or not, but they are an embodiment of the archetype the god represents. 

Challenge Criteria

Create a party of characters that each embody a different God of Eora. These characters must have:

• Consistent Choices - choose attributes, items, skills, and abilities that express the character and portfolio of the god and create a fun, successful, and compelling build. Most choices are in the spirit of the challenge, but don’t pick things that contradict the theme of the god, even if they are mechanically strong. E.g. a Rymergand build might really benefit from Magran’s Favor, but it would be a stretch to connect a fire focused item with his portfolio of cold and decay. 
  • Divine Power - Have at least 1 stat that is 18 before racial and background adjustments
  • Divine Flaw - Have at least 1 stat that is 3 before racial and background adjustments
  • Unique Traits - must be different class or class combination than other gods in your party, have different attributes, etc. E.g. Can’t create a party of gods who all have min RES and max PER
  • Bi-Vocational Clergy - cannot be a single class priest. That’s no fun for this challenge. In a sense, SC priests are already themed in this way. 
  • (Optional) Enable some or all of Magran’s Fires for the corresponding god’s in your party

An Example Single Character Build: The Effigy, Avatar of Skaen

I'll post my first party build soon.