Frozen/Persistent Buff Bug

Kyajin

Question

I noticed recently that two of my characters have a persistent buff that is greyed out in and out of combat. For Eder it is the buff from the Gravecaller sword, for my main character it is the Soul Blade +focus/concentration buff.

I don't believe they actually do anything, except that I don't think the +focus works properly anymore for the Soul Blade buff. My character always has 160 focus and when I get kills the focus maximum doesn't change.

For the Gravecaller sword, the buff is shown on Eder but he is actually using an entirely different weapon. He doesn't get the +frost damage, however if I give him the Gravecaller sword, when he attacks the buff adds on to the existing x4 and starts at x5. After combat, when the buff runs out, the buff shown in the pic comes back (showing x4 with 35.8 seconds left).

I've attached an image showing those buffs. Is there a way to fix this as my soul blade doesnt seem to work anymore?

4 answers to this question

Salutations Kyajin. 

From what you describe I am thinking the greyed out buffs are Conditional buffs that only apply when a certain condition is met, i.e. Windmill Slash +50% Action Speed is Conditional to using Sabres. Sometimes the buffs will be greyed out due to being suppressed by a similar larger buff of the same kind, i.e. Bleeding Cuts Action Speed being suppressed by Windmill Slash. 

I can't seem to see the image you have attached, but if you'd like to send in your save file and output log we can take a further look to see if there is an issue. Hope you are enjoying your travels in the Deadfire.

- Chelsea

Salutations and much thanks, 

This appears to be an issue we've been investigating. We likely will have  a fix for it for a future patch. For now, enjoy your increased buffs on your weaponry, and thank you again for reporting this issue to us.

- Chelsea