Crash to Desktop when transitioning into Old City Ruins ... and when trying to launch Load Game screen

hottersoup

Question

This one is interesting. I was getting CTDs when fighting the Corpse-Eaters in the Old City

I said forget it, I won't meet them, instead I'll just go to this Old City Ruins zone

The screen loads, but then CTD when the new zone appears.

Worse, I now have an automatic savegame for the new zone, and I get a crash IN THE LAUNCHER when I click "Load A Game" (before I get to see the list of savegames with their screenshots).

It almost feels like there's something in the Old City Ruins that poisons not only the game when I'm in the zone, but also the preview when I'm in the launcher

A few of the most recent crashes are attached - hope it's useful!

2019-02-17_210434.zip

2019-02-17_210320.zip

2019-02-17_210020.zip

2 answers to this question

Hey Hottersoup,

I'm sorry you are having these load and crash issues during your playthrough.  Would you be able to send me a copy of the affected save and maybe the save prior as well?  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain the saves here.  If the forums give you any troubles with upload size, feel free to send them to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hi SChin, thanks for following up! I will email you two saves from around the time of the issue - I'm not sure if they will work as it may have been the Autosave that was causing the problems. I apologize, I don't exactly know which save is closest to the issue. 

By the way, updating to the latest patch got me around the problem. But CTDs still happen with alarming frequency - I'm saving my game every 5 minutes and rebooting every hour or so to try to avoid the problem. Maybe it's a problem with my laptop or Windows somehow?

• Like 1