Red-Bar Graphics glitch with the 4.1.xxxx.23 patch-scrnshot incl.

waltc

Question

When playing the game after a few minutes--it varies from ~10-20 minutes--suddenly there appears a red bar about a screen-inch wide (vertically) which emerges from the middle of the left side of the screen, and runs horizontally towards the center for about three screen inches, then fades away to invisibility, as if intended to do so.  At times this bar shifts to the right side, too, and runs towards the center horizontally from the right for the same ~3 inches, then fades away into invisibility.  It *looks* like some kind of deliberate UI effect in the game which has somehow been misplaced--as I didn't see this with the 4.01....xx.19 patch at all.  That's why I feel it's likely a bug. I double-checked the options to see if I had inadvertently selected something that might cause this--no luck there.

OK, additionally, when the red bar extends horizontally from the left side of the screen as described above,  on the far right side of the screen can be seen a white half-circle (nub--for lack of a better word) about an inch thick (vertically).

When I exit the game to the desktop and restart, then the above described effect is absent--until I've played for 10-20 minutes.

I am running @ 3840x2160; my monitor size is 32", to give you some scale for the above "inch" descriptions.  Running Windows 10x64, build 18317, RX-590/480 8GB Crossfire, with the following command-line options:

-force-d3d11

-fullscreen-mode exclusive

*I have tried the default, which is not using a command-line option at all, to no effect. 

Suggestions?

post-147508-0-63419100-1548468304_thumb.jpg

In this screenshot the red bar is coming from the left side of the screen.

Edited by waltc

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

2 answers to this question

So no one has any idea?  I don't know if these red bars are supposed to be there to denote "danger" in the direction of the red bar, or not!... ;)  I'll see if I can grab a screen shot... Screenshot added to original post!

Edited by waltc

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: