Sandswept Ruins issue

ChrisCH

Question

Far along in the game and went to the Sandswept Ruins. Can't get into the closed area with the altar.  Reads "The doors are sealed shut by the mountain of sand. Not even air escapes."

I have looked online and watched many videos of entry into this area but nothing I do seems to allow me to enter.

Comments?  Help please.

3 answers to this question

Hello Chris,

I'll give my response in the spoiler button below so as not to reveal what occurs here to any other forum users who haven't visited this scene yet.

Based on the description, it sounds like that room has already been visited and the party escaped by using Strength and Athletics checks to force open the doors which then shut tight behind the party.  The room is then inaccessible due to the closed doors and the room being filled with sand.

I hope this helps clear things up Chris!

I have encountered an issue with the sandswept ruins altar room. In the escape cutscene, I have selected the following in this order: Grenade, Corrosive spell (Necrotic Lance) and Blister Bomb. After selecting the last option, the cutscene closes without any other additional message and my party remains inside the room, with the doors closed, so stuck forever.

Since I am playing Trial of Iron, I had to edit the save file to reset the dungeon by deleting it's corresponding file in order to progress.