[4.0.1.0041] Can't change mod load order

Orannis

Question

I can not change the mod load order every time I restart the game it goes back to what it was before I changed them.

I am running mods both from nexus and steam but when I remove the nexus mods the issues still persist.

Because of this i am having issues with some of the mods not working.  It seems that the mods load in the order that i installed them into the game not in the order that i change them to.

Single & Multiclass progression fixes will not work because it needs to be lower on the list.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Orannis

2 answers to this question

I might have found something out could it be nexus Vortex with its mot load order settings?

Edit: so i found out steam is not loading mods into the right folder and because of that it was making your game not know where to load the mod from. I hope you fix this soon.

steam is loading mods into F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\560130

but the game was installed in F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override

Edited by Orannis

Hey Orannis!

I'll let BMac know to investigate this load order issue.  If you discover anything else, please continue to post about it here as you've been doing as I will be linking this bug in a report for him as a reference.

Thanks for reporting this and helping out :)