Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help : Dilemma : Ravager vs Marauder Single weapon build

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Malanir

Malanir

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

Hi everyone,

I restarted this game counltess of times to finally begin to touch what im looking for : a melee "crit" oriented build and let's say single weapon. (hit to crit conversion + high precision).

(bloodthrist, interrupting blows etc). Barbarian based. (surely Demon breastplate/zerker based (i  may be wrong but it would feel great).

My plan :

1)Doing a first potd+challenges run with companions to destroy mega bosses.

2) 2nd run solo potd and anything else that could be doable. (based on the success of N°1).

If you follow the mindset of this plan im hoping for my char to be self-sufficient the most he can.

My conclusions so far when i compare the two options i wish to play : 

Marauder :  Defensive/survivability (fun ?) + versatility  + there might be some subclasses combo i might be missing  ? (trickster).

-sneak attacks/ flank bonus damage,

-invisbility (so fun so versatile) + Escape skill early game &  lovely skill

- hard cc, all skills interrupt, gouging is insane (imo) ,

- "better defense" with persistant distraction + engage limit which stacks with barbarian's one stands alone

- Slippery mind passive helps & seems a good addition to Unflinching from barbarian

- dirty fighting 10% conversion hit to crit. (super important for a crit build)

- For dps, deep wounds + blood frenzy (does it stack??? to begin with and if it does it sounds pretty insane DOT damage, and on a main target in addtion to gouging it would melt pretty fast).

-

Conclusion : So it "looks" like it has better survivability, less proc but a better grind during the first 15 lvls & better control on how to deal/survive with the battlefield.

Ravager :  More crit oriented but how to survive ? (Same here any subclasses combo are welcome).

- Way more ressources with wounds, like a LOT more. (so versatiliy and cc and can still be compared to rogue here ? ).

- Speed in fights , Swift Flurry is very crit oriented so it fits to build

- Enervating blows (crit again)

- Heartbeat drumming (crit) .... demn thats two skills that gives free attacks....

- Stunning surge (crit)  ressource refound in addition to barbaric smash....

- iron wheel & dichotomous soul but it's pretty late game for defense.

- blade turning won't save the game vs ranged oriented fights even with high dex/int.

Conclusion :Less versatily to deal with the battlefield but obviously would fit more with crit side of the build and way more "proc" oriented. 

So PLEASE and PLEASE again how do i choose beetween those two :(

Am i missing some items combos, some min/max character creation ? Some flavor frome ideas here that could help me to make a choice....

Thats why i'm seeking the unlimited wisdom of the Veterans & tryhards of this forum to make a final choice to my journey to hell  :banghead:

PS : I don't want to hear about any chanter/something build i read too much about the same guy everywhere on almost every posts....

PS 2 : i'd like to not be TOO cheezy with my build  o:)

Thanks in advance for your help guys, i read tons of posts from you, and some people here are real helpers/geniuses of this game so you have already all my respect for any crazy ideas/suggestions you might have.

Regards, Malanir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users