I restarted this game counltess of times to finally begin to touch what im looking for : a melee "crit" oriented build and let's say single weapon. (hit to crit conversion + high precision).
(bloodthrist, interrupting blows etc). Barbarian based. (surely Demon breastplate/zerker based (i may be wrong but it would feel great).
My plan :
1)Doing a first potd+challenges run with companions to destroy mega bosses.
2) 2nd run solo potd and anything else that could be doable. (based on the success of N°1).
If you follow the mindset of this plan im hoping for my char to be self-sufficient the most he can.
My conclusions so far when i compare the two options i wish to play :
Marauder : Defensive/survivability (fun ?) + versatility + there might be some subclasses combo i might be missing ? (trickster).
-sneak attacks/ flank bonus damage,
-invisbility (so fun so versatile) + Escape skill early game & lovely skill
- hard cc, all skills interrupt, gouging is insane (imo) ,
- "better defense" with persistant distraction + engage limit which stacks with barbarian's one stands alone
- Slippery mind passive helps & seems a good addition to Unflinching from barbarian
- dirty fighting 10% conversion hit to crit. (super important for a crit build)
- For dps, deep wounds + blood frenzy (does it stack??? to begin with and if it does it sounds pretty insane DOT damage, and on a main target in addtion to gouging it would melt pretty fast).
Conclusion : So it "looks" like it has better survivability, less proc but a better grind during the first 15 lvls & better control on how to deal/survive with the battlefield.
Ravager : More crit oriented but how to survive ? (Same here any subclasses combo are welcome).
- Way more ressources with wounds, like a LOT more. (so versatiliy and cc and can still be compared to rogue here ? ).
- Speed in fights , Swift Flurry is very crit oriented so it fits to build
- Enervating blows (crit again)
- Heartbeat drumming (crit) .... demn thats two skills that gives free attacks....
- Stunning surge (crit) ressource refound in addition to barbaric smash....
- iron wheel & dichotomous soul but it's pretty late game for defense.
- blade turning won't save the game vs ranged oriented fights even with high dex/int.
Conclusion :Less versatily to deal with the battlefield but obviously would fit more with crit side of the build and way more "proc" oriented.
So PLEASE and PLEASE again how do i choose beetween those two
Am i missing some items combos, some min/max character creation ? Some flavor frome ideas here that could help me to make a choice....
Thats why i'm seeking the unlimited wisdom of the Veterans & tryhards of this forum to make a final choice to my journey to hell
PS : I don't want to hear about any chanter/something build i read too much about the same guy everywhere on almost every posts....
PS 2 : i'd like to not be TOO cheezy with my build
Thanks in advance for your help guys, i read tons of posts from you, and some people here are real helpers/geniuses of this game so you have already all my respect for any crazy ideas/suggestions you might have.