Crash to desktop

24jelmer

Question

Hi,

A week ago I, finally, started Pillars 2 after waiting for all DLC's to come out. However, I have been experiencing crashes and instability ever since. I have a nvidia graphic cards, so I tweaked some settings and the game now runs fairly stable at 30 fps without stuttering. However, it does crash to desktop often. Mostly it happens during fights and always when it is one of the bigger fights.

This is very frustrating and limits my enjoyment of the game immensely. I combined all the files that seem relevant for the issue an a zip file. I'll mail the dropbox location after posting this. I'm hope you can help me with this. I have played both the original Pillars and Tyranny without any problems, so maybe there is a simple fix.

2 answers to this question

It's been more than a month now, and this issue has not been fixed. I hoped the patch would help, played today but it crashed within 15 minutes. I really regret buying the Obsidian version of the game now, even when it was not no sale. I'm afraid my desktop won't be able to play the game. Its not that I don't love the game, I do, I just find it unplayable. Haven't received any advice or help regarding this issue, which apparantly is not easy to solve. Guess I will ignore the game and play it in a few years when I get a new pc.