Game breaking bug in Vilario's Rest

Christliar

Question

When I completed everything at Port Maje and the governor told me to go back to the ship so his men can get it repaired, the dockworker triggers Eder's intro dialogue and I get the option to set his class again. This loops and I can't continue. I only have 2 mods installed, Enhanced UI and less xp. I don't think they should affect it this way, but who knows. EDIT: Disabled them and loaded an earlier save, same thing.

Couldn't upload my save game using the forum uploads, so here's a Google Drive link

Edited by Christliar

7 answers to this question

I managed to reproduce the bug with another character I rushed through on Story mode. Basically, what happened is that I killed Mokeha in Satahuzi, which prompted the Storm Speaker to attack me, but I didn't kill her, I sneaked past her. Which means she couldn't be on the beach, but I'm also thinking since I didn't kill her, any failsaves about the ship relating to her death don't trigger. I'm going to try to kill her with my main character to see if this will jolt the proper triggers.

EDIT: When I killed her, the NPC which is supposed to spawn instead of her spawns and I can continue. Maybe look into her spawning if the Storm Speaker is hostile and not only dead for a later patch or something.

Edited by Christliar

I have just went through the scene yesterday with a heavily modded game on 4.0 and haven’t run into this issue. Have you tried a verify/repair?

Failing that, I think the devs would fine your output.log file very useful for debugging this one.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Since GOG Galaxy's verify/repair has never worked for me and I have to uninstall, download and reinstall the game for that to happen, here's a link to the output log. If nobody can recreate the bug, I'll do it of course.

EDIT: Tried removing Eder from the party and his dialogue still triggers, even though he isn't there, but I'm not given the choice to set his class. I tried this using an earlier save before going to Vilario's.

Edited by Christliar