Some tooltips missinge since ~2.1.0

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Question

1) Date & time no longer shows when hovering with cursor over clocks in 3.X.
2) Relative defenses no longer show when hovering with cursor over NPC until actual combat is initiated in 3.X.

This is how it worked in 2.1.0:

Screenshot-2018-11-11-01-37-10.png    Screenshot-2018-11-11-01-36-59.png

This is 3.1.1:

Screenshot-2018-11-12-19-15-30.png    Screenshot-2018-11-12-19-15-17.png    Screenshot-2018-11-12-20-29-40.png

Is it just me? Or bug? And sorry for typo.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

4 answers to this question

Hey Psychovampiric Shield,

Thank you for reporting these issues!  The Defenses not showing outside of combat may have been intended, but I'll let the designers know just in case.  in regards to the clock not displaying, this has already been bugged and fixed.  it is currently awaiting other bug fixes before being released in the next patch so stay tuned to the patch notes to see when the fix goes in!

Thanks again for the help!

Well, that would be unfortunate change, if intentional, because assuming I want to see defenses at all, I also want to see them before I initiate combat to plan how will I initiate it. Moreover if you cycle through weapons and skills and hover over enemies, you see hit percentage and penetration, so you still kinda get that information, albeit through markedly less comfortable means.

Speaking of which, that hit/penetration tooltip that appears above enemies shows inaccurate penetration, which is there calculated as difference between base armor value and weapon penetration value regardless of damage type. For example:

Screenshot-2018-11-15-23-35-08.png

Estoc is 10 pen piercing weapon, skeleton has 4 base, 12 piercing and tooltip calculation is 10 - 4 instead of 10 - 12.

EDIT: something is wrong with these skeletons, because in other cases penetration is calculated correctly.

I found another case where pen tooltip is calculated incorrectly, using base armor value:

Screenshot-2018-11-25-21-21-50.png   Screenshot-2018-11-25-21-17-30.png