Crashing immediately after clicking 'Play'

voodoochild461

Question

As the title implies, when I click Play in Steam I'm immediately given a crash report.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:

Reboot

Verify game files in Steam

Reinstall PoEII

Verify

Reboot

Update Video driver and Reboot.

Set monitor refresh rate to 60 in Nvidia settings.

Also, non of the steps listed here worked --> https://support.obsidian.net/article/35-frame-rate-issues-and-constant-crashing-with-nvidia-gfx-cards

The game ran fine the last time I played it, >4 months ago. Only hardware change is the monitor; upgraded from (1080p/120hz) to (1440p/144hz). 

See attachment for logs, etc. 

2 answers to this question

Hello Voodoo,

I'm sorry you are crashing during launch.  The most common reason I've seen lately is from people who use a program called Citrix which recently had an update to their receivers.  For some reason the update to this program stopped users from being able to play some Unity based games.  As soon as the players uninstalled the program or rolled back the update, they were all able to start playing again.

If the above is not the cause of the issue for you, would you please be able to send me the crash folder so we can look further into this issue.  The folder should contain the crash.dmp, error.log, and output_log.txt.  If needed, you can find instructions on where to obtain these files here.  The forums may not be able to hold all of those files based on their sizes so if you can email them to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread, that would be amazing.

Thanks Voodoo and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

I do have Citrix Workspace(formerly Receiver) installed that it may very well have been the problem. Citrix Workspace updated itself -today- to version 18.10.0.20023. I started PoEII to test and it works! Then I established a session with Citrix and started PoEII again, still works. 

It seems like Citrix was the issue and their update resolved it. If it happens again I'll uninstall Citrix and see what happens.

Thank you.

• Like 1