Still can't launch game

loupaloupaloupa2

Question

Hello.

I'm stuck on a black screen (or with the loading gif in the lower right of the screen) after selecting "new game" in the main menu. The game doesn't launch.

I have to close manually the games window, and when i click once angain on the game in steam, i got thi message : 

"Failed to initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed"

My direct x is up to date.

I've tried every ways i could find n the forum : 

I also checked if win10 and my gracphic card were update and they were (gdorce gtx 850m). I've tried to uninstall / reinstall the game, play it in full screen /wondow mode, play it with very low res (1360/650) and it still doesn't work.

Here i join my dx diag.

thanks for the help :-

1 answer to this question

Hello Loupa,

I'm sorry you are unable to play Deadfire due to this black screen issue.  Would you be able to send me some information to support@obsidian.net that I can look into?  I'm interested in the DxDiag which I didn't see on this thread, and the output_log.txt file.  If needed, you can find instructions to find that output file here.  The forums can give a bit of trouble attaching files, that's why the support email might be better.  I'll check out the output file and see what troubleshooting options we may have and send it to the Programming team so they can try to find a fix for the issue.

Thanks Loupa, and sorry for this inconvenience.